It seems like every day I read about how government wastes money so I thought I would record them. Since I began this blog, I have been stunned by the amount of waste, fraud, and mismanagement I have found. I recognize that some government is necessary for any society to exist but without the "profit incentive" that we have in private enterprise, government continues to grow like a cancer and along with it the potential for abuse. If you ever needed a reason to limit government, just read some of the following posts.

Friday, August 10, 2012

$468 Million In Government Waste In Tennessee

A new Pork Report by the watchdog group, Beacon Center, has been released and estimated that over $468 million dollars is being wasted by government leaders in Tennessee. In the report the group took aim at several questionable spending projects in the state.

New this year, the group created the "Pork Of The Year" award. The 2012 winner was announced as Wendy Askins, the leader of the Upper Cumberland Development District and the focus of a News Channel 5 Investigation. "She purchased a high definition TV, a $25,000 custom staircase, a steam shower and sauna at $3,000 a pop, a crystal chandelier, two massive fountains totaling $9,000. Fortunately she no longer has her job and she's under criminal investigation" said Justin Owens with the Beacon Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment