It seems like every day I read about how government wastes money so I thought I would record them. Since I began this blog, I have been stunned by the amount of waste, fraud, and mismanagement I have found. I recognize that some government is necessary for any society to exist but without the "profit incentive" that we have in private enterprise, government continues to grow like a cancer and along with it the potential for abuse. If you ever needed a reason to limit government, just read some of the following posts.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

More Pork Barrel Spending

 •  $10 million for attorneys of ILLEGAL immigrants
 •  $100,000 for a swimming pool in Ottawa, Kansas
 •  $1.5 million for the Rep. Richard Gephardt Archive
 •  $576,000 to manage weeds (no location specified)
 •  $700,000 for a bike trail in Minnesota
 •  $1 million for a river walk in Massachusetts
 •  $100,000 for signage in Los Angeles’ fashion district
 •  $250,000 for a wine and culinary center in Prosser, Washington
 •  $113,000 for rodent control in Alaska
 •  $213,000 for olive fruit fly research in FRANCE
 •  $200,000 for hunting and fishing museum in Pennsylvania
 •  $200,000 for post office museum in downtown Las Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment