It seems like every day I read about how government wastes money so I thought I would record them. Since I began this blog, I have been stunned by the amount of waste, fraud, and mismanagement I have found. I recognize that some government is necessary for any society to exist but without the "profit incentive" that we have in private enterprise, government continues to grow like a cancer and along with it the potential for abuse. If you ever needed a reason to limit government, just read some of the following posts.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Drugged Out Monkeys

The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), a division of the federal government’s National Institutes of Health (NIH), has spent $3,634,807 over the past decade funding research that involves getting monkeys to smoke and drink drugs such as PCP, methamphetamine (METH), heroin, and cocaine and then studying their behavior, including during different phases of the female monkeys’ menstrual cycles.

At a time when the country is going through economic hardships and Congress is arguing over raising the debt ceiling we as citizens must ask is this the best use of our tax dollars.  Would it not make more sense to use this money to help pay off our national debt or to lower taxes in order to help create jobs or allow Americans to keep more of their income.

No comments:

Post a Comment