It seems like every day I read about how government wastes money so I thought I would record them. Since I began this blog, I have been stunned by the amount of waste, fraud, and mismanagement I have found. I recognize that some government is necessary for any society to exist but without the "profit incentive" that we have in private enterprise, government continues to grow like a cancer and along with it the potential for abuse. If you ever needed a reason to limit government, just read some of the following posts.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Pelosi: "there are no more cuts to make"

In response to a question by Candy Crowly on CNN's "State of the Union" regarding the government cutting spending, Nancy Pelosi, the Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives, said “the cupboard is bare, there’s no more cuts to make”.

When you read about the amount of waste and fraud in government listed in this blog or Senator Tom Coburn's website or Citizens Against Government Waste, you realize what a ridiculous statement that was. This is the same politician who said "we have to pass it (Obamacare) in order to understand what's in it". In my opinion, this goes a long way in explaining why we have a dysfunctional congress and runaway national debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment