It seems like every day I read about how government wastes money so I thought I would record them. Since I began this blog, I have been stunned by the amount of waste, fraud, and mismanagement I have found. I recognize that some government is necessary for any society to exist but without the "profit incentive" that we have in private enterprise, government continues to grow like a cancer and along with it the potential for abuse. If you ever needed a reason to limit government, just read some of the following posts.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Disaster Plan For Magician's Rabbit

Marty Hahne, a children's magician in Ozark, MO, has a small white rabbit, which he pulls out of a hat in his show. According to the USDA, that makes him an "exhibitor" of animals, and it means he must have a license. Recently, the government added a new condition to his license: Hahne must write a disaster plan for his rabbit. Click here to read The Washington Post article.

"For Hahne, the saga has provided a lesson in one of Washington’s bad old habits — the tendency to pile new rules on top of old ones, with officials using good intentions and vague laws to expand the reach of the federal bureaucracy."

No comments:

Post a Comment