It seems like every day I read about how government wastes money so I thought I would record them. Since I began this blog, I have been stunned by the amount of waste, fraud, and mismanagement I have found. I recognize that some government is necessary for any society to exist but without the "profit incentive" that we have in private enterprise, government continues to grow like a cancer and along with it the potential for abuse. If you ever needed a reason to limit government, just read some of the following posts.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Wastebook

Senator Jeff Flake has released Wastebook: PORKémon Go, the latest chronicle of government waste in a series started by former Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn. The report covers 50 items and more than $5 billion in spending on outrageous government programs and frivolous projects. All of this waste is going on while our national debt is approaching 20 trillion dollars (that's $20,000,000,000,000) or ~$166,775 per taxpayer).

Click on image to see real time numbers

No comments:

Post a Comment