It seems like every day I read about how government wastes money so I thought I would record them. Since I began this blog, I have been stunned by the amount of waste, fraud, and mismanagement I have found. I recognize that some government is necessary for any society to exist but without the "profit incentive" that we have in private enterprise, government continues to grow like a cancer and along with it the potential for abuse. If you ever needed a reason to limit government, just read some of the following posts.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Foreign Aid

According to the government’s web site, www.foreignassistance.gov, Uncle Sam doles out more than $58 billion a year in foreign assistance through more than 20 agencies.

Here's what was requested in 2011:  Afghanistan ($3.9 billion), Pakistan ($3.1 billion), Israel ($3 billion), Egypt ($1.5 billion), Nigeria ($648 million), Russia ($68.7 million), China ($12.9 million), and even communist Cuba ($20 million).

Given our country's $16 trillion debt and economic problems, is this really the best use of taxpayer dollars?

No comments:

Post a Comment