It seems like every day I read about how government wastes money so I thought I would record them. Since I began this blog, I have been stunned by the amount of waste, fraud, and mismanagement I have found. I recognize that some government is necessary for any society to exist but without the "profit incentive" that we have in private enterprise, government continues to grow like a cancer and along with it the potential for abuse. If you ever needed a reason to limit government, just read some of the following posts.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Franking Privilege

While the post office is going bankrupt, members of congress have been using the "franking privilege" to mail what is essentially political advertisements at no cost to them. However, from 1988 to 2007 it cost taxpayers $113.4 million dollars. So much of these congressional mass mailings are to brag to their recipients on what a wonderful service their representative is providing and please elect me again. Another way that incumbents use taxpayer dollars to stay in office.

No comments:

Post a Comment